My Rating (TheVicious0ne): 6/10
Release Date: This game is in pre-alpha release
ESRB Rating: Not Yet Rated but will likely be M
Official Website: https://www.gloriavictisgame.com/en
Genres: Action, MMORPG
A medieval MMORPG where Mount & Blade meets Planetside 2! Explore a breathtaking and atmospheric open world designed by lovers of the Witcher and Gothic series. Be part of a living society and become a soldier, knight, archer, assassin, swordmaster, berserker, huntsman, blacksmith, builder, merchant, farmer, healer, and more…the choice is yours!
1. Conquer land, siege non-instanced towns and castles and build advantageous fortifications in the everlasting conflict of the realms. Fight for glory in one of three nations or claim a castle for your guild and rule your lands!
2. Deep and immersive Crafting system with farming, harvesting, mining, and wood cutting, tailoring, leatherworking, cooking, alchemy, armor smithing, weapon smithing, and engineering.
3. Non-Target Combat & Epic PVP- Engage in action-based, non-target combat where your skills and tactics matter! Show your warrior spirit and earn fame as an undefeatable duelist, eagle-eyed archer, or respected commander inspiring your allies in battle. Compete for territory in the open world, and fight to the death in tournaments, castle sieges, and epic wars where entire armies collide!
4. The Developers take pride in the fact that almost all of their content based, quality of life, and balance based updates are based on user feedback.
5. The community- The gamers who play this game have a lot of time and vested interest in helping new players and in working together to make this game as positive as possible.
1. Controls can feel clunky at times, especially when using siege equipment
2. There is a distinct lack of a tutorial system at this time that makes you rely heavy on the community to learn how to play
3. Lack of servers currently. There are currently only 5 servers, based on what continent you live on. This will cause you to not be able to play on a server with a decent ping if there is a big event going on while you are trying to log in.
Black Desert Online
Release Date: March 4 2019
ESRB Rating: NR
Developer: Pearl Abyss
Official Website: https://www.blackdesertonline.com/
Platforms: PlayStation 4, Xbox One, PC
Modes: Massive Multiplayer Online RPG
Description: “The Beginning of a Journey/Jordine and the Secret Guards”
“Goma Naru is central city of Trading. Back when ships from Valencia would anchor in Naru, children would greet the merchants and fireworks would light the skies. Goma Naru was a thriving city of sailors and merchants and mercenaries. Little did they know what had just arrived into the harbor.
Could any of these people know about the Elision Stone? It is the mythical stone of the ancient civilization, which had long been hidden due to the dark power, but uncovered by a cult and brought to Goma Naru by ship.
A mysterious black shadowy smoke rose up over the horizon and headed straight for that merchants ship. The Elision Stone exploded in a cataclysmic event, destroying all of the city and everyone in it, wiping it from the face of the world.
In the end there was no one left and that day was long forgotten.”
1: A very extensive player system. Crafting, gathering, Hunting. There is always something to do.
2: Every character brings a new angle to the fight – leaving room for the game to be played in different ways on each playthrough.
3. “An open world to explore” – which means very few loading screens. This leads to very little downtime while waiting to load and continue your adventures.
4. Graphics are amazing and very appealing. Makes you want to go and explore, and see what the world truly has to offer.
6.The market system is so immense that there’s always something for everybody at cheap prices.
1. It’s another sandbox MMO. Not as point-and-click as most – but it’s still there.
2. The learning curve is drastic when trying to figure things out as a new player.
3. Monsters no longer drop silver when grinding making it harder to maintain a steady money flow. However, aggressive mobs will drop bars.
4. There is a lack of PVE content for players, leaving those that love a story line in the dark.
5. There are no dungeon crawls – making money and grinding the only way to get better gear.
Overall, I have enjoyed Black Desert online. The immense and colorful world has made it nearly impossible to put my controller down. I’m still “learning as I go” but the community is actually very helpful when you ask questions.
Free to Play
ESRB Rating: M- Mature 17+
(Violence, Blood and Gore, Sexual Themes, Strong Language)
Developer: Trion Worlds
Publisher: Trion Worlds, Inc
Official Website: https://www.defiance2050.com
Genres: Massively multiplayer, Shooter, Adventure
Platforms: PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Microsoft Windows
Originally Join your friends and become an Ark Hunter in a massive cooperative online shooter like no other. Choose from an array of fully customizable weapons and classes, explore a unique futuristic open world, and engage in epic fast-paced third-person shooter combat.
* Engaging with dynamic role based gameplay
* Well designed inventory management
* Heavy emphasis on co-operative gameplay, yet still playable solo
* Weapon customization
* Leveling is fun and engaging, it does not feel like a grind
* Best graphics I have seen in a console based MMO.
* Huge open world map
* Classes feel different and relevant, the class system gives a completely individual feel with each class you play.
* Smoothest launch/ prerelease I have seen in many years
* Server connectivity a bit buggy
* At initial release, enemies and quests glitched out quite a bit. This rendered the game almost unplayable. This has since been fixed.
* Randomly crashing when in the bigger events, or when near a large group of players.
* 4 player instance REQUIRED to continue progression through the storyline
* vehicles are quite hard to control properly
– 5 classes (Assault, Combat Medic, Assassin, demolitionist, and guardian) that bring the true MMO feel.
– The classes are completely hot swappable on one character.
– Clans allow for another level of progression and immersion into this title
– Co-op maps and PvP maps also give the player get another way to play
– Arkfalls and random events keep the player on thier toes and break up the questing
– Scavenging – search the world for the guns, melee weapons, tools, armor, clothing, and more.
Again this is the most promising MMO on console I have seen to date. This is the first MMO that has come even close to capturing the magic of the PC MMO culture that I grew up with. I see a bright future ahead for this title and definitely recommend checking it out upon release on 7/10!
Additional Note: Many of the glitches and disconnects were repaired – it seems – in a hotfix update overnight.