Free to Play
ESRB Rating: M- Mature 17+
(Violence, Blood and Gore, Sexual Themes, Strong Language)
Developer: Trion Worlds
Publisher: Trion Worlds, Inc
Official Website: https://www.defiance2050.com
Genres: Massively multiplayer, Shooter, Adventure
Platforms: PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Microsoft Windows
Originally Join your friends and become an Ark Hunter in a massive cooperative online shooter like no other. Choose from an array of fully customizable weapons and classes, explore a unique futuristic open world, and engage in epic fast-paced third-person shooter combat.
* Engaging with dynamic role based gameplay
* Well designed inventory management
* Heavy emphasis on co-operative gameplay, yet still playable solo
* Weapon customization
* Leveling is fun and engaging, it does not feel like a grind
* Best graphics I have seen in a console based MMO.
* Huge open world map
* Classes feel different and relevant, the class system gives a completely individual feel with each class you play.
* Smoothest launch/ prerelease I have seen in many years
* Server connectivity a bit buggy
* At initial release, enemies and quests glitched out quite a bit. This rendered the game almost unplayable. This has since been fixed.
* Randomly crashing when in the bigger events, or when near a large group of players.
* 4 player instance REQUIRED to continue progression through the storyline
* vehicles are quite hard to control properly
– 5 classes (Assault, Combat Medic, Assassin, demolitionist, and guardian) that bring the true MMO feel.
– The classes are completely hot swappable on one character.
– Clans allow for another level of progression and immersion into this title
– Co-op maps and PvP maps also give the player get another way to play
– Arkfalls and random events keep the player on thier toes and break up the questing
– Scavenging – search the world for the guns, melee weapons, tools, armor, clothing, and more.
Again this is the most promising MMO on console I have seen to date. This is the first MMO that has come even close to capturing the magic of the PC MMO culture that I grew up with. I see a bright future ahead for this title and definitely recommend checking it out upon release on 7/10!
Additional Note: Many of the glitches and disconnects were repaired – it seems – in a hotfix update overnight.