ESRB Rating: Not Officially Rated – Suggest T (Teen) rating (Violence, Horror Theme)
Developer: Blackpowder Games
Publisher: Blackpowder Games
Official Website: http://www.blackpowdergames.com/
Genres: First Person, Action Adventure, Horror
Platforms: Microsoft Windows
The year is 1604. You sailed from England expecting to join a struggling colony on the coast of Virginia. Instead, you find only ghosts and mysteries. What catastrophe blighted the land and drained it of color and life?
* Sound/hearing is IMPORTANT!
* Decent assortment of period-style weapons
* Interesting (and decently creepy) story line
* Tough, but manageable, enemies
* Multiple side-quests
* Talented Storytelling
* Fast travel feature
* Sound/hearing is IMPORTANT! (Yes – this is BOTH a Pro and a Con)
* Very limited re-play-ability
* Towards the end of the game it begins to feel extremely repetitive
* Buildings inaccessible
* Some gamers may find the visuals difficult to use for long periods of game play
* If you are not a patient gamer – and you don’t have the ability to actually READ text while in a video game – then this is NOT the game for you.
Game play features:
– Large, open environments. Choose your own path in search of clues and treasures.
– Two distinct worlds (switchable) featuring different enemies, obstacles, and threats.
– Use early 17th century weaponry (muskets, bows, crossbows, and tomahawks).
– Upgrade your arsenal by purchasing/finding faster, deadlier, longer-ranged weapons.
– Choose your own fighting style (High Stealth, Brute Force, Somewhere in-between).
– An interesting movement-based stealth system lets you hide in plain sight or use the wind to mask your footsteps.
– Equip ability-enhancing Charms to augment your play style – granting anything from extra health to faster movement to improved stealth.
– Play with the default visual style for maximum creepiness and tension – or customize the color and contrast settings to suit your tastes.