My Rating: 9/10
Release Date: 30 June, 2017
Price: 39.99 (varies by location)
ESRB Rating: E (Everybody)
Developer: Vicarious Visions
Official Website: https://www.crashbandicoot.com/
Platforms: PlayStation 4, Xbox One, PC, Switch
Your favorite marsupial, Crash Bandicoot®, is back and he’s enhanced, entranced & ready-to-dance! Now you can experience Crash Bandicoot like never before in fully-remastered HD graphical glory. Take on the epic challenges and adventures of the three games that started it all, Crash Bandicoot®, Crash Bandicoot® 2: Cortex Strikes Back and Crash Bandicoot®: Warped.
Dr. Neo Cortex has a plan to take over the world, and he wants to create genetically engineered animals to do his bidding. To create his minions, Cortex kidnaps as many animals as he can; Crash Bandicoot’s girlfriend just happens to be one of his victims. Take control of Crash as he runs, jumps, and spins through 30 levels of intense action on three different Australian islands. Only you can help Crash save the animals, save his girlfriend, and foil Dr. Cortex’s plot.
Crash Bandicoot 2: Cortex Strikes Back
The evil Dr. Neo Cortex is back…out this time to save the world? And he’s asking for help from his arch nemesis, Crash Bandicoot? Is this just a conniving plan to lure Crash into Cortex’s next dastardly experiment? Can Crash win again or will he join Cortex’s mindless zoo? Bigger free-roaming 3-D environments, all-new animations and a whole host of colorful characters – watch as our hero Crash, ice-skates, rodeo-rides a polar bear and jet-packs through zero-gravity in the continuing adventures of Crash Bandicoot 2: Cortex Strikes Back – This time he ain’t joking!
Crash Bandicoot Warped
Oh yeah…he’s back…AND he’s ready! It’s a Whole New Time-Traveling Adventure! All new-style gameplay action – scuba dive, ride a motorcycle, a baby T-Rex, and go free-roaming airborne in a plane! Play as Coco! Gallop along the Great Wall of China on a tiger, go extreme on a jet-ski and other high-flying surprises! Prove your skills with the new Super-charge Body Slam, Super Slide, Double Jump, Death-Tornado Spin and a Laser-Guided Bazooka. All new enemies include a new Big Boss, Uka Uka, N. Tropy, a menacing Dingodile and of course, the return of some favorites like N. Gin and Tiny. More Action. More Fun. More Puzzles and Secret Levels. And you didn’t think it could get any better!
1. All 3 games for 1 low price making it an affordable investment.
2. Family-Friendly game play that everyone can enjoy. Even my 2.5 year old figured out the controls and enjoys running around!
3. The nostalgia of playing through the levels again from 1996-1998 is real. I found myself remembering hidden passages and mechanics from my childhood.
4. While they remastered old levels it still feels new with some great enhancements to game play. You won’t feel like you can just sail through on your memory alone!
5. Includes the never before released, originally unfinished, Stormy Ascension Level in the original Crash Game.
6. The first ever new level (in 20 years!) the Future Tense Level is also included.
1. Gameplay can be monotonous if you aren’t driven by childhood nostalgia like I was.
2. The game is definitely more difficult than it used to be. They updated the controls which require a lot more finesse than it did 20 years ago. This is especially true in the first game and can be a point of great frustration if you aren’t looking to grind into a game about a cartoon bandicoot