Console: 7/10 (Based on beta gameplay)
Price: $59.99 – $129.99 (Dependent on Platform and game version)
ESRB Rating: Mature
Developer: Treyarch, Beenox
Official Website: https://www.callofduty.com/blackops4
Genres: First Person Shooter, Battle Royale
Platforms: PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Microsoft Windows
Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 is a first person shooter. Unlike previous titles in the Call of Duty series, Black Ops 4 is the first entry to not feature a traditional Single Player campaign, and contains only Multiplayer, Zombies and a new Battle Royale mode called Blackout. Now we have only seen a small glimpse at the multiplayer gameplay and the Battle Royale beta will be releasing soon.
- Boots on the ground gameplay, Call of Duty has lost a lot of loyal gamers over the year due to jetpacks, exo suits, and a slew of crazy attachments that took away from the original Call of Duty feel.
- The weapons feel good. From the one LMG we’ve gotten our hands on to the plethora of rifles we saw in the beta, there was not one weapon that felt off balance. We all know that one gun that we say the first time we use it…. Never again.
- The Maps, the maps are quite large but small enough at the same time to get some good close quarters combat.
- The classes are extremely well balanced and encourage team play.
- The Beta was overly short for the Xbox
- With only a few options for game modes
- The reward for getting max level in the beta was one permanent unlock token when the game releases
- No Single Player Campaign. This is a major let down for me as I always enjoy the call of duty campaigns
- There were several game modes available for play including the new Heist game mode.
- Classed based game play really forces you to play together with your team if you want to be truly effective, if you do not then when you play a team that is, you’ll be crushed.
- A truly fluid feel and response from the controls, everything is very responsive and seems polished.
Please follow and like us: