Free to play
Pro Version $19.99 (Steam)
Welcome Bundle $9.99 (Steam)
ESRB Rating: Not Officially Rated – Suggest E (Everyone)
Developer: Playful Corp.
Publisher: Playful Corp.
Official Website: http://www.creativerse.com/
Genres: Sandbox, Survival
Platforms: Microsoft Windows / macOS
Creativerse takes place in a procedurally generated world of blocks where players interact with flora and fauna, craft items, build constructions, and more.
* Familiar Gameplay (a la Minecraft)
* Good Graphics
* In-Game purchases (but not necessary to play)
* Huge level of re-playabilty
* Single And Multiplayer
* Becoming more “purchase-centric”
* Servers have been laggy of late
Game play features:
* Stake Claims on Public worlds to protect your creations
* Tailor your own world (in-game admin tools)
* Expanding Recipe system
* Customizable Character Models
* “Creativerse Pro” provides 20 extra inventory slots, the ability to create as many worlds as you like, and other perks like a flashlight and glider.
ESRB Rating: Not Officially Rated – Suggest T (Teen) rating (Violence, Horror Theme)
Developer: Blackpowder Games
Publisher: Blackpowder Games
Official Website: http://www.blackpowdergames.com/
Genres: First Person, Action Adventure, Horror
Platforms: Microsoft Windows
The year is 1604. You sailed from England expecting to join a struggling colony on the coast of Virginia. Instead, you find only ghosts and mysteries. What catastrophe blighted the land and drained it of color and life?
* Sound/hearing is IMPORTANT!
* Decent assortment of period-style weapons
* Interesting (and decently creepy) story line
* Tough, but manageable, enemies
* Multiple side-quests
* Talented Storytelling
* Fast travel feature
* Sound/hearing is IMPORTANT! (Yes – this is BOTH a Pro and a Con)
* Very limited re-play-ability
* Towards the end of the game it begins to feel extremely repetitive
* Buildings inaccessible
* Some gamers may find the visuals difficult to use for long periods of game play
* If you are not a patient gamer – and you don’t have the ability to actually READ text while in a video game – then this is NOT the game for you.
Game play features:
– Large, open environments. Choose your own path in search of clues and treasures.
– Two distinct worlds (switchable) featuring different enemies, obstacles, and threats.
– Use early 17th century weaponry (muskets, bows, crossbows, and tomahawks).
– Upgrade your arsenal by purchasing/finding faster, deadlier, longer-ranged weapons.
– Choose your own fighting style (High Stealth, Brute Force, Somewhere in-between).
– An interesting movement-based stealth system lets you hide in plain sight or use the wind to mask your footsteps.
– Equip ability-enhancing Charms to augment your play style – granting anything from extra health to faster movement to improved stealth.
– Play with the default visual style for maximum creepiness and tension – or customize the color and contrast settings to suit your tastes.
Free to Play
ESRB Rating: M- Mature 17+
(Violence, Blood and Gore, Sexual Themes, Strong Language)
Developer: Trion Worlds
Publisher: Trion Worlds, Inc
Official Website: https://www.defiance2050.com
Genres: Massively multiplayer, Shooter, Adventure
Platforms: PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Microsoft Windows
Originally Join your friends and become an Ark Hunter in a massive cooperative online shooter like no other. Choose from an array of fully customizable weapons and classes, explore a unique futuristic open world, and engage in epic fast-paced third-person shooter combat.
* Engaging with dynamic role based gameplay
* Well designed inventory management
* Heavy emphasis on co-operative gameplay, yet still playable solo
* Weapon customization
* Leveling is fun and engaging, it does not feel like a grind
* Best graphics I have seen in a console based MMO.
* Huge open world map
* Classes feel different and relevant, the class system gives a completely individual feel with each class you play.
* Smoothest launch/ prerelease I have seen in many years
* Server connectivity a bit buggy
* At initial release, enemies and quests glitched out quite a bit. This rendered the game almost unplayable. This has since been fixed.
* Randomly crashing when in the bigger events, or when near a large group of players.
* 4 player instance REQUIRED to continue progression through the storyline
* vehicles are quite hard to control properly
– 5 classes (Assault, Combat Medic, Assassin, demolitionist, and guardian) that bring the true MMO feel.
– The classes are completely hot swappable on one character.
– Clans allow for another level of progression and immersion into this title
– Co-op maps and PvP maps also give the player get another way to play
– Arkfalls and random events keep the player on thier toes and break up the questing
– Scavenging – search the world for the guns, melee weapons, tools, armor, clothing, and more.
Again this is the most promising MMO on console I have seen to date. This is the first MMO that has come even close to capturing the magic of the PC MMO culture that I grew up with. I see a bright future ahead for this title and definitely recommend checking it out upon release on 7/10!
Additional Note: Many of the glitches and disconnects were repaired – it seems – in a hotfix update overnight.