$9 – $29 (depending on platform and point of purchase)
ESRB Rating: Rated “M” (Mature 17+ – Blood and Gore, Strong Language, Violence)
Developer: The Fun Pimps
Publisher: Telltale Publishing (Console)/The Fun Pimps (PC/Mac/Linux)
Official Website: https://7daystodie.com/
Genres: Survival Horror
Platforms: PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Microsoft Windows, MacOS, Linux
Originally released through “Early Access” on Steam for Windows/MacOS X on December 13, 2013. Linux release came on November 22, 2014. Versions for the PlayStation 4/Xbox One were released in 2016 through Telltale Publishing.
Set in a post-nuclear Third World War that destroyed an extremely large part of the world except for some areas such as the fictional county of Navezgane, Arizona. You are a survivor of the war and must survive by finding shelter, food and water, as well as scavenging supplies to fend off the numerous zombies (most likely caused as a result of the war).
Currently – your only goal is to SURVIVE. There IS developer chatter about adding a storyline – but it is still just that – chatter.
* Both Single and Multiplayer options
* Defined World – Navezgane (with maps available from their Wiki)
* Random World Generation (for further playability)
* Fairly well developed crafting/upgrade system
* RPG-esque – Increase your skills (Active and Passive skills).
* Kill Zombies! (Multiple kinds of zobies, even!)
* Create your own character or pick a preset
* Customize your character – in-game – with a large selection of clothing/armor (craftable/lootable)
* Farm OR Hunt -Plat/grow resources – as well as hunting wild animals
* Even after this long – this game is STILL in “Alpha release”
* NOT a large development team (and now they are looking for community development contributors)
* PC (Windows): This version of the game is still HIGHLY glitchy
* Console (XBox): This version is glitchy as well – but not AS glitchy as the PC Version
* Learning curve is LONG (many recipes to learn/find/etc.)
– Freedom to play the game any way you want with multiple biomes.
– Craft/repair weapons, clothes, armor, tools, vehicles, and more…
– Either take over existing structures or construct structures from scratch
– Either Coop or PvP (in multiplayer)
– Physics/Mechanics – Buildings/terrain can collapse under their own weight from structural damage or poor design.
– Scavenging – search the world for the guns, melee weapons, tools, armor, clothing, and more.
– Dynamic treasure maps (left by survivors)
– Find “quest notes” – complete them for rewards and skill points.
– Meet Trader NPCs to buy and sell goods.
I suggest playing the default map first (Navezgane) – and I actually recommend playing it several times. BEWARE THE BLOOD MOON!!! Zombies ABOUND during Blood Moon! Even though it is decidedly glitchy – it is STILL a fun game to play (single or multiplayer) with more-than-decent “replayability”.
Additional Note: Random Generation Maps are MUCH more glitchy than the default map.